Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Praise to the Man

SAN DIEGO — I feel like I just talked to you! I guess that's because I did :) That was so fun, I'm glad you are all doing well. I don't have a lot to say since I just talked to all of you.

Here is an update on some of the people we are teaching:

Charmaine is doing awesome. She is getting baptized Jan 8. She has had a super hard past. I wish you could see how the Gospel has changed her. IT is the difference between night and day!

Ashli has been MIA. Prayers would be awesome! She is so ready, but Satan is working on her so hard.

Todd is the marine we are teaching. He is hilarious! He is super smart, super nice, and already seems like he's Mormon. He told us the other day that he is so sick of people asking him how long he has been a member, he just wants to get dunked already (he is waiting for the person that introduced him to the Gospel to come, so he won't be getting baptized until the end of January)!

Funny story about Todd: yesterday, we were teaching him the Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. Sister Kennington started out by explaining how we got the Word of Wisdom (When Emma was so upset about the men chewing tobacco and everything). After she told the story, he looked at her and said, "Are you telling me this story because I dip?" Sister Kennington and I looked at each other, two naive utah girls with no idea what on earth "dip" meant. In unison (we are both becoming each other I swear), we asked "What does dip mean?" Apparently it means to chew tobacco. Ha ha- Well Mom, I think you would be proud, I am now educated on what weed smells like and the slang words for chewing tobacco!

The Church has asked all missionaries at historic sites to do the "chat" feature on mormon.org. So Sister Kennington and I are learning so we can teach the sisters. Yesterday, we got online and chatted with a woman from Estonia and taught her the Restoration. Another guy also came online and we got to talk to him about why Mormons are so happy. He had gotten online and watched the I'm a mormon videos and wanted to know if it was just the people in the videos or if it was all Mormons that are so happy. I just love missionary work! I bet Alma and the Sons of Mosiah are having a hoot up in heaven watching us preach the Gospel across the world from our computers!

I was looking through my journal and just wanted to share this excerpt before I go:

December 23, 2011

"I woke up this morning and there was a different feeling in the air. A peace. A calm. A quietness. I Flipped my scripture calendar from December 22 to December 23 and realized that today is Joseph Smith's Birthday. That explained a lot. It was as though the morning was reverencing his birth! We had our missionary Christmas party this morning. This whole day seems to be a blur except for one tiny moment that is still crystal clear in my mind. The moment was a few words that President shared with us in the tiny chapel in Mission Valley, Calif.


"Joseph Smith, the prophet and seer of the Lord has done more save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other men who lived in it." ....."



I just wanted to share that with you. I love Joseph Smith. I love my Savior. I love you all, thank you for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment