Friday, June 17, 2011

Sister Newman's First Letter from the MTC

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Missionary Training Center, Provo, Utah

Dear Mom and Dad,

Today was an amazing, busy, hectic, humbling day. They asked us to write to tell you that we are doing okay, but usually I will only be able to write to you on P-Day. (I think P-Day is Tuesday)

Here is a reader's digest version of what happened today: After you dropped me off, they took us to get our packet and name badge and then the sisters took us to our room to drop off our stuff. My companion's name is Sister Brandley from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She is the cutest thing ever and already we are good friends. Once again Heavenly Father answered my prayers. Then we had orientation, class, practicing teaching with investigators, meeting with the Zone leaders, and finally bed. Everyone can't believe how long this day has been, but I think nursing clinicals prepared me for it. I am just getting started–I love the long days! I know I need every minute of learning and practicing I can get in. Anyway, I swear I'll write better on my P-day. I love you both so so so much! Thank you for everything!





PS–I love being a missionary!




No comments:

Post a Comment